Sunday, September 28, 2008

I'm Hitting the Campaign Trail!

Please remember to vote (for me) in the upcoming Graduate Business Council elections. Elections will be held online through SimonExchange September 29th-October 1st.

My name is Melisa Beauchesne and I am running for the position of part-time representative on the Graduate Business Council.

Over the summer, I served as an advocate for the part-time student community during several meetings with the student services office. I raised issues such as the timing and communication of campus events. As a result of these discussions, the most recent coffee hour was moved to a later time so that more part-time students could participate. If I am elected, I plan to work with the Graduate Business Council to develop a quarterly forum where part-timers will have the opportunity to personally share their suggestions as well as the issues we are facing.

As working professionals, the flexibility of the part-time M.B.A. program is appealing but also presents challenges for building relationships with our peers because we are completing our coursework at different paces. The diversity of our life and work experience is one of the greatest assets that Simon students have to offer. In my current role as Vice-President of Special Events for Simon Volunteers, I am spearheading the “Selfless Saturday” initiative to bring full and part-time students together while giving back to the community.

As our part-time student representative, I will continue to voice our concerns and seek new ways to integrate the Simon community.

Thank you for your support.


No comments: