Monday, January 5, 2009

My phone is going NUTS!

If phones could take drugs, mine would be on crack.

When I turn the phone on, it rapidly highlights every icon on the menu and won't let ME select anything:
  • If I open the address book, it opens the Internet...
  • If I open my missed calls, it opens the Internet...
  • If I text, it inserts random 6s or opens the Internet...
  • When I try to outsmart my phone by opening the Internet, it goes back to rapidly highlighting everything on the main menu and selecting nothing.
Arg! The only silver lining is that my current phone isn't dialing my cousin every time that I turn it on, check my voicemail, or try to make outgoing calls. When I hung up my pink razr, it would start redialing her number. I had to let it go to voicemail just to let her know that nothing was wrong, I wasn't trying to get in touch with her, and to ignore my calls until I fixed my phone.

That was also a fun problem to explain to ATT customer service:

ATT: Did you try (insert troubleshooting suggestion here)?

Melisa: Yes, and it started calling my cousin.

ATT:
Did (insert troubleshooting suggestion here) work?

Melisa:
No, it is calling my cousin

ATT:
What about (insert another suggestion here)?

Melisa:
Nope, it is calling my cousin again

Maybe I should give up on pink, suck it up and just get an iPhone...

No comments: