Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm not alone and it could get worse...

It turns out that I'm not the only one having a "terrible, horrible, no good, and very bad" week:

When I apologized to my professor for being late, he told me that he was sympathetic to my situation because his car died the day before and he was taking a taxi to and from work. (What are the odds?!)

My week could have been much worse:

A friend of mine also missed class because of car troubles. In her case, she was in a car accident. All of a sudden my "terrible, horrible, no good, and very bad" week, didn't seem so awful.

Things are looking up:

Although I'm still fighting my cold (it's winning), I felt well enough to go to the office this morning. When I got there, the first voice mail I listened to was from the Team Bank of America chairperson asking me to join their executive board! It made my morning to find out that I'll be helping to plan the events and volunteer initiatives that I love participating in.

No comments: