Saturday, August 9, 2008

Pre-Exam Rant

I miss the real Java City...

On Wednesday, my study group's attempt to boycott the 4th consecutive week of split pea soup ended in defeat by the closed cafe in Goergen Hall. I surrendered to a Fiber One bar, the most appealing choice in the vending machine.

This morning started off well with my traditional pre-review McDonald's breakfast with Jessica. After a two hour review of data sensitivity and tornado charts and another hour to go, I was ready for a tasty cup of coffee which was impossible because Java City is closed on weekends during the summer quarter. The vending machine made me choose between coffee, cappuccino, or espresso with sugar and/or lightener.

What is lightener and why does it belong in my coffee?! I paid full price for a glass half full that tasted like chalk.

I'll be in a better mood tomorrow because we will be getting together for a post-review Study BBQ, my most favorite way to prepare for exams.

No comments: